What causes swelling inside the left foot between ankle and arch?
Rest, ice, compression, elevation, Anti inflammatory Medicine needed
It appears that you have possible shoes bite that may have become complicated by an old ankle sprain.
Apply ice to the painful and swollen area.
Take Tablet Diclofenac 75mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Avoid climbing stairs or negotiating difficult terrain. You can use an elastic non adhesive crepe bandage bound over your foot and ankle from below upwards and keep the limb elevated. Also do soaks in warm water with added salt.
If your skin is broken or damaged, you can apply Fucidin ointment.
Continue to use your ankle brace for atleast 6 weeks duration after the ankle sprain.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
Needs heat, healthy diet, time
In that case, you shall be benefited with application of warm wet cloth to the painful region. You can take the medication for pain relief and anti inflammatory effect as well. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Keep well hydrated. This shall prevent Electrolyte disturbance such can cause similar symptoms.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My ankle swells and hurts what causes it
- What causes stiffness and swelling in the ankle joint
- Left ankle swelling causes amlodipine
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes ankle and led edema swelling or inflamation
- Left ankle swelling causes
- What causes pain and numbness in foot and ankle