What causes swelling in tongue and eyelid?

Posted on Sat, 5 Mar 2016 in General Health
Question: what causes a swollen tongue and swollen eyelid?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If it just happened, probably an allergy!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this swollen eyelid and tongue. If this juts happened alongside other symptoms such as itches, this will be suggestive of an allergy. I will recommend benadryl in this case.

If this has been going on for a while, then we will need to evaluate fully to establish what the exact cause of this is. For this, May I kindly request that you upload an image for review?

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah