What causes swelling in the vagina?
Could it be a prolapsed uterus. The tissue looks very smooth.
It is filling my entire vagina.
Please fix an appointment with Gynecologist for examination.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.
You have observed this since when? Do you have any urinary complaints? Do you have constipation? Does this mass increase in size when you cough or strain? Does it reduce in size? Can it be pushed inside the vagina?
From your notes it appears to be one of the following:
1. Rectocele - This is prolapse of wall of rectum due to weakness of muscles and ligaments. Increases in size on coughing
2. Cystocele - This is prolapse of bladder due to weakness of muscles and ligaments. Increases in size on coughing
3. Bartholin cyst- This is Enlargement of Barholin gland present on the lower part of labia majora. It occurs due to block in its duct.
4. Prolapse of uterus along with bladder and rectum. It can be pushed back in the vagina while lying down.
5. Genital wart rarely can be large filling the vagina. But its surface is not smooth.
Please fix an appointment with Gynecologist for examination. So that a correct diagnosis is made.
I hope this is helpful. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in vagina
- What causes swelling and itching in the vagina
- What cause vagina to be chapped
- What causes atopobium vaginae
- What causes swelling and redness in the vagina
- What causes change in vagina
- What is the cause of distended vagina
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes severe pain ans swelling in vagina
- What causes the swelling and itching in vagina after waxing