What causes swelling in the tongue while on antihistamines?
improvement, even slight, should be seen within 12 hours
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Aleve is an anti inflammatory pain killer but it is not an anti histamine.
Eg of anti histamines include benadryl, claritine, zyrtec, allegra
There should be an improvement, even if slight, within 12 hours of taking an anti histamine.
If there is no improvement or there is worsening or the enlarged tongue is affecting your breathing , then you should be seen.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What would cause your tongue to swell at night
- What causes a orangeyellow tongue
- What could cause swelling in tongue while having dental implants
- What causes fluffy tongue
- What causes tongue to swell dehydrration
- What could cause right side of the tongue to swell
- What causes thickness of tongue
- Causes of tongue swelling
- What causes a tingly tongue
- What causes weakness and swelling in tongue while doing zumba