• question-icon

What causes swelling in the right testicle?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: I am 76 and over the past year mr right tisticle seem to be getting larger. My left tisticle has not been active since I was 15 due to a case of the mumps. Just seems a little strange.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An ultrasound would determine what is making the testicle grow in size.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

A testicle can get enlarged due to infection, due to fluid accumulating inside the scrotum or due to a mass growing in it.
Infection can be diagnosed when there is pain while you touch it, or other symptoms like burning urination or discharge from your urethra.
While fluid accumulation or mass can be examined by palpation of the testicle and try to understand if what is inside is fluid or is a hard extra piece except the normal tissue of the testicle.

A better and sure diagnoses is made by an ultrasound of the testicle which will show what is going on.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Klarida Papaqako