What causes swelling in the legs, weakness in the legs and loss of appetite?

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Cancer
Question: there are several things that occur, 1st is my feet and legs swell, then loss of appetite, (not necessaly in this order, loss of balance, sometimes where I loss my balance and or my left leg becomes weak
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
We need to evaluate you fully

Detailed Answer:
Hi

These symptoms can't be neglected. Feet swelling can be due to problems in heart, kidneys, liver or low protein level in blood. For that we need to check you regarding any of these, also get blood tests, echocardiogram and abdominal ultrasound.

Loss of balance with left leg getting weak can be due to problems in the cerebellum, a part of brain, or, less likely nerve compression in the low back region. You can get a neurological check up for the same and get investigations like brain MRI, nerve conduction test, etc if required.

With all of these, I am sure the exact cause can be pinpointed and treatment initiated.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D