What causes swelling in the fingers with blue discoloration when the platelet count in blood is low?
My father has got his index finger swelled up in both the hands. Both the fingers have turned blue. We also got his blood investigation, the platelets are around 84 L which is on the lower side. Please let me know the reason behind this and also suggest what needs to be done.
Just wanted to bring to your notice that the weather is quiet cold here. He usually drives scooter. Let me know if this is due to cold weather.
Need some more details
Thanks for your query.
I would like to know
Whether he has fever ?
Is the swelling increasing over time ?
Are any other joints of the body affected ?
Does he have pain and tenderness in the the affected fingers ?
Waiting for your response,
Sorry for the delayed information.
Thanks for the information.
You may have to get certain investigations to identify the cause of the both side index finger swelling.
Complete blood count
Get the above investigations and forward me the reports.
Will be waiting.
Thanks for the report.
Uric acid is high. This can result in gout where small joints or the hand or feet may get inflamed and swollen.
There are medications which will reduce the uric acid levels from the blood, which can reverse the index finger problem.
Do consult an Orthopedician for the prescription.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low platelet count in blood
- Low blood platelet count causes
- What causes low wbc and platelet counts
- Low platelet count common cause
- Itp low platelet count causes
- Platelet count low causes hashimotos
- What causes low platelet count in men
- What causes low platelet count
- Low platelet count cause death
- Low platelet count causes
- Suffer from hypertension and weakness. Does meth use cause thyroid problem?
- What is the effect of steroids on the heart during puberty in boys?
- Having psychological problems. Taking therapy. Any advice?
- Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?
- Experiencing a periodic mild numbness in arm. Family history of MS. Any...
- Medicine for G6PD patient with fever?
- Having pain and pressure in eye with headache. Sinus MRI normal. What...
- Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?
- Have small penis. Will penomet penis enlargement pump work to enlarge it?
- Found high BP readings on home monitors. Any thoughts?