What causes swelling in the feet and thighs?

Posted on Sat, 29 Oct 2016 in Cancer
Question: My wife is a cancer patient with metastatic breast cancer in her vertebrae and pelvis. She is having swelling in her legs feet and thighs. The symptoms in her legs and thighs is new within the last couple of days. She told me about two hours ago. Should she go to er ?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello dear. yes she requires evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. There may be 2 causes for swelling. One is due to low protein content and other may be due to deep veun thrombosis. Deep veun thrombosis means clot formation in veins of legs. Thrombosis is a critical condition and she requires evaluation by doppler study for that followed by treatment.
Thanks and regard s.
Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist