What causes swelling in the epididymis?
You should get Colour doppler of scrotum.
Hydrocele is just collection of fluid around the testis.In surgery,the fluid is let out and the secreting layer is removed.It doesn't involve epididymis and ductus deferens.
Colour dipper of the scrotum will give a clue.
If epididymis is enlarged for prolonged period, then it could be Chronic Epididymitis which may take years to resolve inspite of treatment. Tuberculosis is the commonest cause in tropical countries.
You should consult a General surgeon or Urologist, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Cause is difficult to identify.
Most probable cause is bacterial infection of Epididymis.
I am sorry to say that there are no preventive measures.
Some respond to prolonged treatment of Diethylcarbamazine(DEC) given for filarial scrotum.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes painful swollen epididymis
- Sore epididymis causes
- What is the epididymis
- What causes swelling of the admoid
- Epididymis cyst causes infertility
- What causes swelling of the tragus
- What causes swollen epididymis
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- Causes of swollen epididymis
- What causes scrotum to swell
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...