What causes swelling in the cheeks along with a lump in the neck of a hypothyroid patient?
About your concerns:
Hypothyroidism is not related to the lump (nodule) in the thyroid region and lymph nodes. Hypothyroidism has autoimmune origin and the persons with this autoimmune disease have a higher probability for thyroid nodules.
Thyroid nodule (if is malignant) may cause neck lymph nodes, but the lymph nodes located in the region you described can hardly be metastasis of the thyroid nodule.Usually, they are located in the neck near to the nodule.Anyway a thyroid and neck ultrasound will clear the situation.
Dr. Mirjeta Guni,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Consumption of ragi for hypothyroidism patients
- Effects of alcohol to hypothyroid patients
- Diet chart of an hypothyroid patient
- Is rice good for hypothyroid patients
- Is ragi good for hypothyroid patients
- Sorbiline syrup for a hypothyroid patient what changes in diet
- Diet for hypothyroid patient
- Hyponidd for hypothyroid patient
- Ginkgo biloba in hypothyroid patient
- Dental management hypothyroid patient