What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis and pharyngitis?
For only swelling of the cheek, no need to continue, kindly see details.
As you have taken tab. azithromycin for 7 days and pain has subsided, it's good. Now if she has no fever, no yellow or green phlegm then no need to continue further.
Another symptom i.e. swelling of the cheek, common causes are, may chance of viral infection like mumps, sometimes maybe because of acne, cyst or maybe tooth infection, boil or medication side effect, allergic reactions.
Can I come to know whether she has a history of allergy, difficulty in breathing, itching all over the body, swelling of lips or face? so kindly follow up with these all details. For pain, you can take tab. aceclofenac. Give cold compression over the cheek. For only swelling of the cheek, no need to continue tab. azithromycin.
Along with these medications do warm water gargles or Betadine gargles 3 to 4 times per day. Take steam inhalation twice a day. You can use nasoclear nasal drops locally. Drink plenty of fluid. Keep yourself hydrated. Take proper rest and proper diet. I will suggest you follow up with detailed history, reports or any query.
Hope this clarifies your concerns.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bacterial pharyngitis causes
- Causes of pharyngitis in adults
- Sinusitis pharyngeal lymphoid tissue
- What causes reactive lymphoid hyperplasia pharyngeal
- Pharyngitis causes
- Chronic pharyngitis causes
- Viral pharyngitis causes
- Is pharyngitis and sinusitis a contagious disease
- Allergic pharyngitis causes
- What is cause and symptoms for granular pharyngitis
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?