• question-icon

    What causes swelling in the body?

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: severe hand, feet, going to all over body pain, swelling. started suddenly, sometimes unbearable pain all over
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some more information about your problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, I have understood your concern and and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

First of all do not panic

Please let me know, since when this pain has started and has it been progressing now?
Secondly, have you done any blood tests, like vitamin B 12,D3 etc. ?

It will be better to know about these things,to help you in a better way.

I hope this answer helps you.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgankar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 2 days later
Thank you....yes, I had a blood draw and it showed my B12 to be very high. That Dr said that could be the issue. The next week I saw a new Dr who said, "no, that would not cause theses symptoms". They drew a outine rheumatology panel and all seemed clear. To that another Dr said the rheumatologist would know which specific tests to request beyond just a panel. As it turns out, there doesn't seem to be a rheumatologist in the San XXXXXXX area that will take my insurance. So I turn to you. It started maybe 2 months ago, with my hands and feet, feeling so sharp/achy swollen. It has quickly overtaken my entire body. It got so bad a few weeks ago, I had to be seen in the ED and was treated with morphine and released. Overall, the pain has become an all encompassing, constant, unrelenting issue.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Add supplements, analgesic tablets as needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

Please do not panic about vitamin B 12 levels. As this is a water soluble vitamin, it will be excreted in the urine and will not lead to hyper-vitaminosis.
I will suggest you to use good quality natural food supplements containing multi vitamins and multi minerals, antioxidants.
This will start working by helping your body to heal itself from within.

As far as the pain is concerned, please seek prescription support from your treating doctor for the combination pills containing Aceclofenac and Tramadol.

Please do not panic.
Keep cool, get relaxed, meditate.
The things will be fine in the due course of time.

I hope this answer helps you.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar


Practicing since :1992

Answered : 2203 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Body pain

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am 35 years old male. I am a smoker (6-8 cigarettes /day) and I take alcohol twice or thrice every week. I am also taking Etricoxib 60mg...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I'm having headache, body pain especially in ankle, thigh. Also have mild throat pain. Please do help me to recover. Regards, xxxxxx

doctor1 MD

I am having FEVER , headache and running nose since 1 day. kindly help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello; I am a 25 year old male. I am living with the following symptoms and cannot get a diagnosis. These are my symptoms. Weakness in the arms and...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

164 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
  • Q - What does my follicular study report indicate?

  • Q - What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?

  • Q - Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?

  • Q - What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?

  • Q - Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?

  • Q - What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?

  • Q - What does this thyroid test report indicate?

  • Q - What is Lupride injection prescribed for?

  • Q - What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation