What causes swelling in right foot?
Can be injury or inflammation.
Thanks for posting your query.
The swelling in one foot only can be due to an injury in the area or an inflammation of the foot joints like ankle or metatarsal joints. It is best to keep the leg elevated on two pillows while resting, decrease the salt intake and take a mild pain killer to reduce any inflammation. Doing a hot compress will also help in decreasing the swelling.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Not related to valve repair.
Thanks for writing again.
A valve repair 6 months ago is not likely to be related to this swelling in a single foot.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching sensation and swelling in in my foot
- What causes swelling in my left foot
- What causes lump on the right foot in diabetics
- What causes pain and swelling with warm sensation on foot
- What causes swelling in foot
- What causes swelling and tenderness in right hand
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes painful swelling in left foot
- What causes severe knee pain with swelling on foot
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below