What causes swelling in penis after masturbation?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 29 Dec 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Dear sir/madam,
I have swollen penis after masturbating for over 4 hours and its been couple of days know.
My chemist has given me Azithromycin tablet 500MG and Clobeta GM cream (to be applied on swollen area)
Can you suggest me is i fine to use it or any other medicine suggested?
Please advise
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Levoetrizine may be effective, consult doctor/dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Masturbation normally does not cause swollen penis. Continuous masturbation may cause some allergic reaction and swelling of penis. In this case anti allergic medicine like levocetrizine is effective to reduce swelling.

Azithromycin is an antibiotic used for infection of genitalia. If you have pain, discharge or burning it is some infection and azithro can be useful in that case. Clobeta is topical steroid and used for inflammation of skin. Please never use it without consulting doctor.

I suggest you should consult dermatologist/STD specialist or even GP for examination, diagnosis and treatment.

You can send me clear photographs for more specific comments and help.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply. Small correction, my Foreskin has swollen not penis.their no pain at all.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may be venous congestion or infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for clarification.

If you are talking about foreskin, then also it may be due to allergic reaction and anti allergic medicine would help.

However you have mentioned it was some part of swelling, so it may be due to some infection also.In that case azithro may work but it is not advisable to apply clobeta without doctor's guidance.

Another possibility is venous congestion.Due to damage to veins during masturbation, there is possibility of obstruction of blood flow. So blood engorgement is the cause of swelling. In that case proper examination needed. Normally it resolves on its own with change in position and stopping masturbation for few days. Or it may require some maneuver or suction of blood to decongest it.However proper physical examination is must for diagnosis.

I will be happy to answer if still any query is there.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad