• question-icon

What causes swelling in lower extremities and foreskin on recovery from cold?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: After a bad cold I have put on a stone in two weks and have swollen feet legs lower body and even foreskin.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending a question.

I understand that you have recovered from your cold but now I have experienced generalized swelling particularly in the lower extremities and related to the foreskin.

I am concerned that the swelling may be related to possible underlying cardiac dysfunction.this could be related to stress on your body from your recent illness.

In light of the fact that you seem to be retaining fluid reflected by your weight gain as well as the swelling that is apparent to you I think it would be a good idea to contact your primary care physician for a focus consultation, physical examination and possibly some laboratory studies to help further evaluate what is going on.

you may benefit from a diuretic. Your doctor may also wish to assess your cardiac function with additional testing including electrocardiogram or echocardiogram.

Again I think it makes sense to see your doctor soon as possible for further assessment. Please do so within the next couple of days.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist