What causes swelling in legs and feet?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Three days ago I had swelling in my legs and also last two days in feet. Never had this before but also had acheing and was hard to lift my legs and feet. What could this be --is a little better but still some swelling.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
I f swelling is in both foot then this can be cardiac or renal related.
I will advise to consult your doctor for clinical examination and required investigation.
Another common possibility can be deep vein thrombosis.
colour doppler may help in diagnosis.
At your age there will be associated knee osteoarthritis leading to leg and knee swelling.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.