What causes swelling in legs and feet?

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Three days ago I had swelling in my legs and also last two days in feet. Never had this before but also had acheing and was hard to lift my legs and feet. What could this be --is a little better but still some swelling.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
I f swelling is in both foot then this can be cardiac or renal related.
I will advise to consult your doctor for clinical examination and required investigation.
Another common possibility can be deep vein thrombosis.
colour doppler may help in diagnosis.
At your age there will be associated knee osteoarthritis leading to leg and knee swelling.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.