What causes swelling in inner left ankle and pain below the ankle?
Can be injury or arthritis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The swelling and pain of only left ankle can be due to an injury in the area or arthritis. It is best to give rest to the ankle, avoid weight bearing, do a cold compress and keep the leg elevated on a pillow while resting. In case the pain and swelling persists do consult an orthopedician for a detailed examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- Left ankle swelling causes amlodipine
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- Pain in the ankle swelling no injury cause
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What caused swelling in the inner ankle and bruising
- Left ankle swelling causes
- What causes pain in ankles