What causes swelling in foreskin?
Angioedema, take immediate treatment
The kind of swelling that you have developed might be suggestive of angioedema . Now this is basically a severe allergic state of the body.
Such a sudden swelling can occur due to reaction of our body to any medicine, any foodstuffs or even due to any infection in our body.
Hope you have not been taking any antibiotics or painkillers recently.
You should immediately take some oral antihistamine tablet like claritin once a day or take benadryl in the adult dosage so as to control the allergic process.
You might have to continue with antihistamine intake for three to five days.
This reaction might also have developed due to the problem you have on arm. So once your reaction on arm will subside, this too shall settle.
There are certain things one need to take care off in angioedema . Since it is a mucosal allergic reaction, in severe cases, one might notice a heaviness in chest or a difficulty in breathing if this reaction begins to develop in the wind pipe . In such an event, you might have to immediately rush to emergency .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cracks in foreskin
- What causes itchy foreskin
- What causes the pinas foreskin to crack
- What causes foreskin shrinkage
- What causes painful cracks on foreskin
- What causes swollen foreskin
- What causes pain and swelling underneath penis foreskin
- What causes cracks in penis foreskin
- What are the underlying causes for cracking foreskin
- What causes a shrunken penile foreskin
- Unable to bend toe, nail bed is painful. Active runner. Had toe nail...
- Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of...
- Have penile inflammation with rep bumps, also had hives and sore bumps...
- Hypopigmented spot on cheek. Used to exfoliate daily. Could this be a...
- Have itchy keloids on chest. Any cure?
- Took treatment for keloids on face. How long should it be continued?
- Have itching on face, ears and nose. Having small indentations and white...
- Have recurrent lump on back of scalp and around genitals. On...
- Got sunburn on shoulders and legs. Can this lead to kidney problem?
- Child has rash on chest, back, neck, no sign of hives or itching,...