question-icon

What causes swelling in face,hands and calves along with blurred vision?

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014
Question: I have experienced this week, swelling in my face, hands and calves along with blurred vision, a twitching thumb and then last night had a minor fainting spell. At first I thought I was possibly heat exhausted after a day on the beach and a couple of beers but realized the swelling and twitching and blurred vision all started days before.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Need further medical evaluation...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

The swelling in your face, hands and calves along with blurred vision might be a sign of:
- possible allergic reaction to anything you have been drinking/eating or insect bites
- cardio-vascular problems
- kidney infection
- medications you might be taking

So, I advise to get an appointment with your doctor and get further evaluated:
- EKG, cardiac echo and stress test to exclude heart problems
- monitor your blood pressure, record the results and pass them to your doctor
- urine analysis to exclude kidney problems.

Try to avoid exposure to sunlight and limit salt intake until swelling will be resolved.

Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist you further!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini