What causes swelling in eye along with watering?
best to take him for assessment
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Based on the image, it appears like an infection in the eye.
Increased discharge in the eye can be due to viral or bacterial infection though viral is most common especially if associated with a cold.
If it is viral then treatment mainly consists of cleaning off the discharge with a clean cloth at regular intervals, this is called eye hygiene. Wash your hands immediately after because it can spread.
It is likely that your cousin's baby had viral infection since it resolved after few days.
If it is bacterial then the use of antibiotic eye drop may be needed.
Unfortunately you would not be able to determine if it is viral infection or bacterial and with the swelling, it would be best to take him to the doctor for assessment
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes continuous watering of eyes
- What causes water eyes when watching television
- What causes one eye lid to swell
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What is the cause of watering in the eye
- What causes swelling under eyes what is the treatment
- Stinging and watering from the eyes what is causing this
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What could cause swelling pain and blood in eyes
- What causes swelling in eyes with headaches