What causes swelling in ankle and feet?
it can be due to high blood pressure or kidney problem
I have studied your case. Conditon which you are having is due to high blood pressure or poor kidney function. I want to know little detail of the illness .
1.Do you have any history of his BP or Kidney problem?
2.Do you have Diabetes or thyroid problem?
3.Do you taking any medication since long time?
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
High BP can cause swelling in feet
I have studied your case.High BP can cause load on kidney so that causes fluid retention.That causes dependent edema. I have following suggestions for you.
1.Avoid taking high salt intake.
2.Check your blood pressure, if it is high, then take care of high BP.
3.Please check your blood urea nitrogen,creatinine level and if high then you need to take opinion from nephrologist.
I hope this answer will be useful for you.Let me know if their is any other followup questions.
you need to get your blood urea test first
I would suggest you to get blood urea and nitrogen test first to make sure that you need a nephrologist. You can show reports to your physician at first and then if he think you need a nephrologist then he can refer you to best in your locality. It will be good if they know each other so that there will be co ordination in them.
You can send those reports to me also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- Does oxycodone cause swelling of the feet and ankles
- What causes bladder leakage and swelling in ankles and feet
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- What causes swelling and bruising in ankles
- What causes ankles to swell chemo
- What causes indentations and swelling in ankles
- What is the cause and treatment for ankle swelling
- What causes swelling and discoloration in feet