What causes swelling below the knee with pulsating sensation?
It could be DVT(deep vein thrombosis).
Thanks for your query.
It could be DVT(deep vein thrombosis). Some times there is no symptoms like pain. So it is better to get it evaluated. He may need dopplar ultrasound and a D-Dimer blood test to make a diagnosis.
Exercise lower calf muscles if he will be sitting a long time. Whenever possible, get up and walk around.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ecchymosis on arms and below knees
- Burning sensation inside knees what is the cause of this
- What causes pain and swelling below knees after mopping
- What causes numbness and popping sensation in in left knee
- What causes sudden pain below the knee
- What causes swelling on back of the knees
- What causes swelling in jointshandsankles and knees
- Causes of leg swelling below the knee
- What could cause numbness below the knee
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below