What causes swelling below penis head?

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: The area just below my penis head is swollen and I have noticed a little bruising on the head itself. I have been on antibiotics for UTI and have now noticed this happening.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Corticosteroids and antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for posting on HCM.
The condition you have developed over penis is called Angioedema. Its a swelling of subcutaneous tissue as a response to some allergen.
In your case it would be due to antibiotics for UTI or could due to some insect bite.
In any case I would like to give you stat dose of injectable dexamethasone and chlorpheniramine to relieve the swelling.
Also additionally magnesium sulphate dressing would relieve swelling more quickly.
After stat dose of injectables, I would maintain you on lower dose of prednisolone for few days.Antihistamincs should be taken for few days too.
For local application, I would advise hydrocortisone and fusidic acid cream twice a day.
I am sure you will be fine with this treatment.
Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda

Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 15 minutes later
So I need to go see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
--

Detailed Answer:
yes you should visit your Gp or dermatologist without much delay.
Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist