question-icon

What causes swelling and white sore in vagina after having intercourse?

Posted on Sat, 16 May 2015
Question: My husband and I had not had sex for 2 years .. we had sex and the next day I noticed a swelling on my labia.. now after two weeks I have a small white sore there ... it does not hurt or itch . .seems like a small hard mass .. should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You should consult a gynecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for question
If the nodule is absolutely painless and a bit hard to feel, should be checked by a gynecologist . He might advice to keep a watch for increase in size when a biopsy may be needed. If it is a bit painful, it might be due to injury during sex
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist