What causes swelling and redness in caruncle of eye?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello,
For over a week now the caruncle in my left eye has been swollen. It first happened when I in a car and felt a sharp sting in my eye. The pain went away but when I looked in a mirror my caruncle was red and swollen. Currently the redness is gone but there still seems to be some weird growth like bulb. Will this go away? What can I do? Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It indicates carunculitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having pain, redness and swelling of the caruncle of the left eye. This indicates inflammation of the caruncle in the form of carunculitis.

The subsidence of pain and redness indicates that the inflammation has decreased.
The swelling will decrease as the inflammation subsides completely.
Quick relief can be obtained by the use of anti-inflammatory eye drops and anti-inflammatory drugs.
I would routinely treat carunculitis with anti-inflammatory eye drops like ketorolac.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards