What causes swelling and rashes on labia?
Possible yeast infection.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM,
From what you are describing, I my thoughts are that the most common problem to give a rash in the inner parts, is a yeast infection. It is itchy in general, and sometimes it has white discharge.
A pap test would rule our Human papiloma virus infection, but it doesn't give a rash anyway.
So, it the other STD come negative, then a yeast infection may cause that rash.
If I was your caring doctor, I would recommend to use ketoconazole 2% cream in all the rash area, and 1cm around it. Use it twice/day for 5 days. If worse or not better during the treatment of after it, then consider anther visit to your local doctor. The options of being something else are very low, but having a look at it may give a more based idea about what it is.
Let me know if you need any more clarification. I would be happy to answer. Otherwise please rate and close the question.
Yeast infection still can be an option.
Hello again dear,
I fully understand your concern.
These are my thoughts about it. I hope they will help you somehow, clarify your concerns:
-- Not itchy yeast infection...It is true that most of the cases yeast infection its itchy, but sometimes it will have not an itchy rash.
-- Allergic reaction??...have you used any detergent, or any other product that may have caused an allergic reaction?
-- Irritation from friction with sweating? Even though in this case the swelling wouldn't be inside as well.
-- The labs that are done for ruling our Sexually transmitted diseases are not 100% sensitive, so sometimes they need to be repeated, or doctors together with patients sometimes just decide to go with the treatment that covers them all despite their results, this if the risk of the patient to having them is high. So, I would recommend to discuss this with your doctor, and decide together the next step.
Hope this is helpful.
If any other question/concern, let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause rash on labia minora
- What causes itchiness in labia
- Cause of swelling labia minora
- What causes labia minora swelling on one side
- What could cause swelling in labia after intercourse
- Veet causing swelling in labia
- What causes labia minora to swell on the left side
- What causes soreness and swelling in labia minora
- What causes swollen labia
- What could cause swelling and irritation in the labia majora
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?