What causes swelling and pus filled bumps on the foreskin post intercourse?
I suggest screening for Hsv
Hello. Thank you for writung to us
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist and venereologist).
Unprotected sex is a risk factor for STDs and fluid filled genital lesion within days after sex could be due to hsv infection. I would like to rule out possibility of genital herpes and therefore i suggest you to screen for hsv by elisa (IgM and IgG) at 4 weeks and then again at 12-16weeks.
Another possibility is that swelling of prepuce and fluid filled lesions were simply due rough sex or trauma durung sex. A negative screening test for hsv would establish this as a reason.
A common bacterial infection is an unlikely cause of swelling and fluid filled lesions on prepuce.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Torn penile foreskin after intercourse cause
- What causes bleeding from under surface of foreskin during intercourse
- What causes small bumps under foreskin
- What causes pus filled bump on gums
- What causes pain and swelling underneath penis foreskin
- What causes pus filled lumps every time after having intercourse
- What causes foreskin tear after an intercourse
- What could be the cause for yellow pus under foreskin
- What is the cause of pus filled bumps on areola
- What causes painful pus filled bumps on stomach