What causes swelling and pus discharge from both the eyes in a child?
He has very little/no irritation but during sleep it glues very often. Pus-like things (gyey/yellow in color) glues both eyes. Find attached eye image.
A mild bacterial eye infection.
Thank you for your query.
1. This sticky, thick eye discharge in the morning is usually due to a mild bacterial infection in the eye or eyelid.
2. It is seen in children, usually those who have started attending playschool.
3. Simple eye hygiene and routine medication will settle this.
4. An examination by an eye specialist will help rule out any other cause and to prescribe medication.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in eyes and extreme swelling of lids
- What could cause headache cough and swelling of eye
- What causes one eye lid to swell
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- Childs eyes swelling caused by mold
- What causes swelling between eyebrow and eye
- What can cause blue sclera of eye in child
- What causes swelling under eyes what is the treatment
- What could cause swelling pain and blood in eyes
- What causes swelling in eyes with headaches