What causes swelling and pain in wrist after wisdom teeth extraction?
Wait and see, Iv cannula complication, wilResolve
Thank you for asking
Wisdom teeth extraction is quite an innocuous procedure, wrist swelling and pain over the vein of cannulation needs a little addressing.
usually some ill expertise or not following protocol for the cannulation or prolonged cannulation for more than 2 to 3 days makes the infection of the veins called thrombophlebitis. Also failed attempts make the veins puncture and swell the area around. Antibiotics are already administered. for the pain apply topical anesthetic creams and take some oral acetaminophen.
Your daughter is young and i don't see any worrisome complication like thrombo embolism or DVT or deranged bleeding profile etc.
Wait and see. do as directed. Ambulate the wrist as much as possible, apply topical anesthetic gel, take aspirin for the pain in low dosages and hope for the best.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wisdom teeth extraction pain duration
- Wisdom teeth pain after removal
- Wisdom teeth extraction cause blindness
- Pain after wisdom teeth extraction
- Strep after wisdom teeth extraction
- Painful lump after wisdom teeth
- Painful genitals after wisdom teeth extraction
- Pain while coughing after wisdom teeth extraction
- Weekness caused by wisdom teeth extraction
- What is the treatment for pain after wisdom teeth removal