What causes swelling and pain in groin area?
It could be hernia.
Swelling in that area associated with pain could be Hernia. Bowel or Omentum will pass through a narrow sac causing these symptoms.
The point that you are pressing in the second pic is close to McBurney's point. Pain there goes more in favour of Appendicitis. Another condition that has to be excluded is Right sided Ureteric stone. But, swelling will not be present in these two conditions.
Exact diagnosis will be confirmed by Clinical examination and Ultrasound of abdomen.
Please consult your doctor, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in hamstring buttockslowerback and groin areas
- What causes pain and swelling near the groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What is the cause for stinging pain on left groin
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes gas and groin pain
- What causes groin pain area following masturbating
- What cause of groin pain after two operations
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction