What causes swelling and pain in front of the ears with skin infection?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been having swelling pain in front of my ears with infection of the skin (seems like mums - circular boils - Its give me radiating pain) and also below the Jaw.
I also have pain below the ears (At the beginning of the neck area)
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
USG Neck. Medication.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. A USG Neck will help differentiate between a lymph node and a parotid salivary gland swelling.

2. Routine anti inflammatory medication with oral and local antibiotic ointment will settle this down. Even if it is mumps, it is self limiting and will subside.

3. Upload a clear close up image of the boils.

4. Upload the USG Neck report to discuss further treatment options.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 19 hours later
Reports Uploaded for your reference
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
USG Neck, start medication. .

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. There is a definite rash in the pictures. Start medication from a doctor including a skin ointment. A skin specialist's opinion should be taken as it is in the shaving area to rule out a fungal infection.

2. Get the a USG Neck done.

Regards.