What causes swelling and pain at the incision site after dental implant surgery?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I recently had oral surgery lazier for tissue and bone graft I now much pain on side when the machine quit
working and Dr. worked by hand t remove tissue there is a lot of swelling there What can I do to ease the
swelling

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swelling and pain is due to surgical procedure..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks​ for the query..

The swelling and pain is due to the surgical procedure and is commonly seen due to soft tissue inflammation..

Do not worry as the swelling and pain will gradually subside..

As of now take anti-inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen and Serratiopeptidases and can take an injection of painkiller after consulting an Emergency room..
Do cool compresses over the swelling..
Take a soft diet and take plenty of cool fluids..

Please write back for more queries..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad