• question-icon

What causes swelling and numbness in hands, feet and hip?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: When using a my son was using a gas-powered leaf blower and after five or so minutes his hand swelled uncomfortably and he experienced numbness. He also experiences numbness when trying to fall asleep in his hands, feet and hips at various times.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be carpal tunnel or diabetes.

Detailed Answer:
The numbness and swelling in the hand can be due to a carpal tunnel syndrome or nerve related cause. The numbness of hands, feet and hip can be related to vitamin B 12 deficiency or diabetic neuropathy. Getting a few blood tests and MRI scan will hep in proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon