question-icon

What causes swelling and dryness in clitoris and inner labia area?

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: Hi my clitiros and inner labia are very swollen and dry. its the clitiros that hurts and is quiet hard on the right side i have no discharge or itchyness.and have not been sexually active for over a year.its been aweek now and still the same.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Fix an appointment with Gynecologist/Dermatologist for examination.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

I have read your notes. From your notes it appears to be one of the following:
1. Allergic reaction to soap, powder etc
2.Developing lichen sclerosis- This is a chronic autoimmune skin condition which causes dryness and thickening of skin. It can be diagnosed by clinical examination. Sometimes a skin biopsy may be required for confirmation.
3. Haematoma or abscess near the clitoris. In this case the pain worsens with each passing day.

Please fix an appointment with Gynecologist/Dermatologist for examination. So that a correct diagnosis is made and treatment started.

I hope this is helpful. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN