What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
Possibiity of Internal Knee damage
Hi XXXXXXX , I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
You had hard fall on your right knee with twisting movement and are having bruise and swelling.In my opinion this kind of injury may lead to internal injury in knee like meniscal tear or anterior cruciate ligament tear. Therefore I suggest an MRI Scan of your knee. Knee Brace would be useful so would be crutches at present along with pain killers and Ice. I hope for earlier recovery and am willing to answer any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees
- What causes bruising behind the knee
- What causes swelling near knee cap after a fall
- Fall causing knee swelling could this be hematoma
- What causes pain and swelling below knees after mopping
- What causes swelling and numbness in both knees
- What causes swelling on back of the knees
- What causes swelling in jointshandsankles and knees
- What causes knee swelling after an injury
- What causes knee swelling and dizzy spells
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?