What causes swelling above the penis?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX I seem to be having a bit of swelling right above my penis in my pelvis area and its sore around in that general area. I noticed a little tenderness a couple of days ago It and now the swelling is worse and I feel a burning sensation when I urinate?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is indicative of infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Health care magic.

From the available description there is clear evidence of urinary tract infection. It is possible that it is sexually transmitted infections if you are sexually active.

I feel it will be better to see a doctor who will run some tests to identify the causative agent for infection. Once it is done a definite treatment can be started which mostly includes antibiotics.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.