What causes swelling above collar bone?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a gumball size lump above my collar bone on the right side about two inches from neck
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Swelling in that area could be most commonly due to lymphnodes , next causes are lipoma ,Sebaceous cyst etc

Since it is on right side so no need to worry too much. These conditions needs clinical examination for diagnosis.

I would suggest you to consult your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and for further management like excision if needed.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help . .

Dr.Deepika Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju