What causes sweet taste in mouth, white patches on cheek and nausea?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX and I have cirrhosis of liver from chronic hep C . I am 42 years old
Done treatment 2 times neither one worked the last one I had was one year ago. I have genotype 1a and I have bruising all over arms legs mostly breast and the like spots of bruising. Like headache pains. A lot of pain in lower back and upper. Pain on right side upper. Sweet taste in my mouth can't seem to get rid of it. Also have on the side inside cheeks white patches kinda that peel I thought like my mouth was peeling. Nausea a lot also have vertigo. I also noticed my veins in my eyes a few times have popped . Feeling swollen very tired all the time and out of breath. I would like to know what's going on if I should worry. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recurrent infection is the cause.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
You have developed Liver cirrhosis secondary to Hepatitis C which makes the liver severely weak unable to produce immunoglobulins which preserve your immunity.
In such scenario I would advice you to take a good multivitamin containing zinc so as to conver all the micro nutrient deficiencies that can cause generalized weakness as well as oral ulcers or white patches.
You should also take 3 injections of Vitamin K 10 mg that may help you with the coagulopathy you might be having.
For the blue patches get a PT/INR done.
I would also recommend you to get evaluation done for your Hepatitis C which might have decompensated.
Get Upper GI Endoscopy, Liver function tests.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.