Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes sweating, shivering and dehydration followed pain during urination?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Dr.Rynne,
My family and I are on vacation and I came down with symptoms of sweating and shivering two nights ago. I think I had allowed myself to get completely dehydrated, so have been drinking loads of water the last couple of days. However, now I'm experiencing pain when I urinate, and my "pees" are not long and satisfying, just short and painful. Other than the pain when urinating, I feel great. The shivering and sweating has stopped. I normally consume alcohol daily. Have not the last two days.
Thank you
XXXX
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Shivering with pain while urinating suggest UTI .

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.