question-icon

What causes sweating, nausea and dizziness with history of epilepsy?

Posted on Tue, 12 Jul 2016
Question: I am having sweating, some nausea at times, weakness or dizziness, at times some times only lasting a few minutes . I am 70 years old and have history of epilepsy, thyroid, takosubo cardiomyopathy.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Get the thyroid levels evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us,
Before diagnosing your present condition can you please give me your detailed history
1) when was your last episode of epileply?
2) Did you get your thyroid levels recently checked? If yes then kindly attach the reports.
3) Are you on any medications for cardiomyopathy and epilepsy?
4)Since how long are you suffering from these present symptoms?
Ringing in ear is called tinitus, which is common in old age, if it's troubling your hearing then you will have to consult an local ENT specialist.
kindy get back to us with all this information .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Dr. Nagamani Ng