What causes sweating along with cold hands and feet?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: My son is 28 years old, morbidly obese and last night his hands were freezing. Today at work, his body is sweating but his hands and feet are freezing. Any idea what might be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Provided you with a list of conditions that can cause this

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I appreciate the concern you have for your friend, and would like to go ahead and list all the conditions that could be causing his presentation so you can ask your friend to relate to it and take the required measures to get him medical help.

Here are the conditions that cause such a presentation:

+Diabetic hypoglycemia
+Raynaud's disease
+Anemia
+Buerger's disease
+Scleroderma
+Frostbite
+Systemic lupus erythematosus

I would like you to please take him to a doctor as he could either be suffering from a systemic condition or from diabetes (which is commonly seen in obese individuals). I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.