What causes sudden yellow fluid discharge from nostril?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Today Morning yellow liquid started coming out from my left nostril suddenly.
What can cause this? I am really worried. When i look down it comes out. Its not that much but i am worried. Do i have to see doctor. I had Sugar cane juice yesterday around 400 ml can this be the cause?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have to see the doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query; and suggest you that you have to see the doctor. Most probably you may be suffering from the left side of bacterial acute rhinitis. No need to worry, if you are allergic to sugarcane juice then it may exacerbate the condition.

Better to consult the ENT specialist to rule out other disease and for prescription of medicine.

Wish you good health

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina