What causes sudden weight loss?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: i am loosing my fat these days and felling thirst , like to drink cold water, and feeling loo after taking water . is it diabetic syptom.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be. Please see your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

thanks for posting your query.

The common symptoms of diabetes includes:

Weight loss
weakness
too much thirst
frequency of urination

Still things may vary from person to person.

You are having symptoms that might suggest some problem.

It is better that you get your blood sugar checked and blood pressure checked by your family doctor.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Ok Doctor thanks , i will check my blood sugar and BP .

Doctor , from last three month i had a lot of work stresses , i doubt ,it could be a reason of such situation, even still today i becomeso much stressed at every unwanted situation.

suggest me the healthy routine to overcome this sir.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stress has become a part of life.

Detailed Answer:
XXXXXXX good to hear from you again.
XXXXXXX stress has become a routine affair for almost all. One has to live with it.

Still there are ways means by which you can manage it well.

Develop a good routine.
Take good sleep at least 7 hours a day.
Eat health diet.Avoid junk food,too much of tea/coffer/soft drinks
Do regular exercise,minimum 30-40 minutes/day/6 days/week.
Spare some time for your self
Develop some hobby
Try yoga and medication that will help you increase your mental strength.

Identify your stress points.

I hope this helps.

DR.Pragnesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj