What causes sudden weight loss and feeling lump in throat?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Since xmas time I have been loosing my voice and have been feeling sqirmish. I have suddenly been loosing weight dramaticly .I have been feeling like I am breathing in dust and cannot lay down incase I wont be able to breath.I feel like there is a lump in my chest below my throat.I have cold feet and hands and feel lethargic.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need a complete medicalcheck up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on HCM.

I would like to know if you also have cough, shortness of breath, any blood tinged sputum or any other symptom? Are you or have you been a smoker?

In view of your age and your symptoms, you need to have a complete medical check up. You must undergo tests to rule out thyroid disorder, diabetes or any heart problem. You must also get a chest x ray and/or CT chest and a spirometry done. You should consult an ENT specialist for the throat problem as malignancy also need to be ruled out.

I would suggest that you consult your primary care physician who can examine you, advise you for relevant tests and then guide you which other specialist/superspecialist to consult.

I do hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, I`ll be glad to answer them.