What causes sudden weight loss and feeling lump in throat?

Pulmonologist
Question
Since xmas time I have been loosing my voice and have been feeling sqirmish. I have suddenly been loosing weight dramaticly .I have been feeling like I am breathing in dust and cannot lay down incase I wont be able to breath.I feel like there is a lump in my chest below my throat.I have cold feet and hands and feel lethargic.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need a complete medicalcheck up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on HCM.

I would like to know if you also have cough, shortness of breath, any blood tinged sputum or any other symptom? Are you or have you been a smoker?

In view of your age and your symptoms, you need to have a complete medical check up. You must undergo tests to rule out thyroid disorder, diabetes or any heart problem. You must also get a chest x ray and/or CT chest and a spirometry done. You should consult an ENT specialist for the throat problem as malignancy also need to be ruled out.

I would suggest that you consult your primary care physician who can examine you, advise you for relevant tests and then guide you which other specialist/superspecialist to consult.

I do hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, I`ll be glad to answer them.