What causes sudden vomiting in sleep?
It could be a prodrome of diarrhea
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
It seems your kid might start to have loose stools. This is the usual course of events...it starts with diarrhea and then loose stools start and then everything will gradually get better.
Even loose stools start, unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
Unless there is blood in the motion there is no need for antibiotics or cultures. Antibiotics might worsen if unnecessarily used causing antibiotic associated diarrhea. I suggest you use zinc supplements & ORS if losses tools start. In such situations rehydration of body fluids is the most important thing to be done.
For vomiting you can use Syrup Ondanisetron 0.15mg/kg/dose thrice a day, 30minutes before feeds (Syrup ONDEM 2ml thrice a day for 2 days only if vomiting is there, 30minutes before food).
You can give him his normal diet after vomiting also...no problem.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sudden vomitting and stomach gurgling
- Sudden vomiting for no reason
- Sudden vomiting without nausea
- Sudden vomiting in cold temperatures
- Sudden vomiting in 7th month pregnancy
- Suddenly vomit lots of blood
- Gagging sensation sudden vomiting
- Sudden vomiting during 8th month
- Stomach paining sudden vomiting
- Sudden vomiting no nausea
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?