What causes sudden urges to defecate and incomplete bowel movements in children?
she suddenly has the urge to have a bowl but little comes out. Last Saturday she finally went after we gave her many different ex lax then she felt better for a couple of days but now she is not going on a regular basis
look at her diet and exercise
Hello and thank you for your question.
She is probably not getting enough fiber and water in her diet. She also needs to be getting plenty of exercise. All of these are necessary for normal bowel movements. She needs to be drinking plenty of water during the day and no sodas or drinks containing caffeine. She needs to be eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and avoiding fried foods. Whole grains are also helpful as well as avoiding white breads. You can give her some unrefined apple juice each day or even twice a day until her diet and exercised begin to work. Apple juice can help relieve constipation in children. Also give her some yogurt each day to help provide her with probiotics.
I hope she is doing much better soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tests for incomplete bowel movement
- What could cause sudden uncontrollable bowel movements
- What causes difficulty in bowel movements in children
- Sticky incomplete bowel movement
- Endometriosis incomplete bowel movements
- What causes sticky bowels
- Feeling incomplete bowel movement
- Incomplete bowel movements and cipralex
- Incomplete bowel movement rumbling stomach pain in left abdomen
- Incomplete bowel movements flatulence could you help