What causes sudden tingling sensation in the upper body followed by tremors?

Neurologist
Question
yesterday when i was driving suddenly without warning
i had strong tingling sensation all over my upper body and at the same time felt like i was going to faint i imeadiatly stopped my vehicle in the middle of the road and my arm movements became over exagerated when i tried to call 911 i grabbed my cell phone to call and my arms and hands kept moving farther than i would move them and really jerky by the time i finnally got my phone unlocked and starting to dial the symptoms went away i would say about one to two minutes had passed so instead I continue on my way home and felt like maybe i just dodged a bullet
the only other symptom was a faint ring of flashiness in my peripheral vision in both eyes but that symptom diminished got less and less and completly went away in about a half hour

what do you think happened to me to cause this and could this have been a TIA or Seziure of some kind?
ive looked online and have not heard of anyone having just theese three symptoms all at the same time and then they be gone at the same time
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it can be seizure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on HealthcareMagic.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The symptoms could be pointing towards atypical seizure or pre-syncope. You should get for Blood pressure, autonomic evaluation, routine blood work, ECG and an EEG.A brain imaging might be required as well depending on the other investigations.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes sudden tingling sensation in the upper body followed by tremors? 1 hour later
thanks for the info that is somewhat helpful however I have found very little information regarding atypical seizure and a google always shows me information about atypical absence seizures which I don't beileive fit me as I was completely aware the entire time it was occurring and just lost motor coordination control of my arms and hands I could still move them they just didn't move the way I wanted them too they were over exaggerated moves in the direction I was telling them to go. it wasn't like they were moving on there own without any control.

looking at all the other types from my research
absence seizures (formerly known as petit mal)
tonic-clonic or convulsive seizures (formerly known as grand mal)
atonic seizures (also known as drop attacks)
clonic seizures.
tonic seizures.
myoclonic seizures.

they don't really fit well either what do you think? do you have more info on atypical seizures any links to info would be great too?

and as for pre-syncope this is just the medical term for feeling like you might faint
I don't actually know what it feels like to faint because I have never fainted before so it was just a guess as to what I was felling like I might have not been felling that at all but I can tell you It felt really strange and hard to describe nothing ive ever felt before

can you suggest anyone in las vegas Nevada I should see to get these test you say I should have done?

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
I agree your symptoms are not classical.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Of course, I agree that your symptoms are not typical for seizure, not fitting into any of the seizure types. Neither do these fit classically for pre-syncope. I have used word 'atypical' not according to classification but just to communicate that its obviously not one of the defined categories of seizures;however it still may be a seizure as it is suggestive of some abnormal motor/hypermotor activity. Though not classical, still however, seizure and pre-syncope are the two possibilities which may be associated. You should visit a Neurologist so that he can take a detailed history, do meticulous examination and required investigations including EEG.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes sudden tingling sensation in the upper body followed by tremors? 17 hours later
with this not being typical for seizures could a XXXXXXX stroke cause these symptoms

wow that might have been more helpfull than you know i keyed in on something you said hypermotor activity not a word I have ever heard before and i found something called hypermotor seizure or HMS

http://www.XXXX.com/science/article/XXXX/0000

do you think that could be it?

and then i found this

http://www.YYYY.com/article/YYYY_seizures

According to proposed terminology by the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE), hyperkinetic seizures are characterized by motor seizures involving “predominantly proximal limb or axial muscles producing irregular sequential ballistic movements, such as pedaling, pelvic thrusting, thrashing, rocking movements or by an increase of ongoing movements or inappropriately rapid performance of a movement”

and that last part fits perfectly inappropriately rapid performance of a movement

i have always had a shaky leg most of the time i dont even realize it is happening it just does it i can stop it from doing it when i think about it but most of the time when im not thinking about it its doing it on its own could this be related somehow?

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, that could be hypermotor activity.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Its so good that I am interacting with such an enthusiastic person. Of course, hypermotor activity is a close possibility. Since I have not seen the movements, so, its hard to fit into the pattern of hypermotor activity. Besides, based on your description, it is a close possibility.It may not be related to shaky movements which you are having most of the time. These movements may be just a 'stereotypy'. I think a comprehensive neurological evaluation including EEG and a brain MRI would be helpful. Neurological consultation may be taken in person to guide the investigations better.

Hope that helps.If you have further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)