What causes sudden swelling on the bridge of nose?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have sudden swelling on the bridge of my nose and partially into my eye lids
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be related to lacrimal (tear) gland

Detailed Answer:

Location of swelling is typical for lacrimal gland issues.

Such swelling can be due to acute dacryocystitis, canaliculitis,infected chronic dacryocystitis or lacrimal duct obstruction.

Treatment options are hot fomentation, systemic antibiotics, analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs. Incision and drainage if there is abscess formation.

Ideal step would be to let your doctor have a look at it to confirm the diagnosis.Then doctor can prescribe you the medications.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.