What causes sudden sharp pain in right-sided abdomen just below the rib cage?
Most probably a gall bladder problem
Thank for your query, albeit very short and specific.
To recapitulate: Male/81 - sudden sharp pain on right just under the rib cage - lasts just a second -
May I please know a few more details?
- Since when is it going on?
- Any associated nausea or vomiting, sweating, constipation or any known associated medical problems you are undergoing treatment?
- Any other information that you would like to share.
With the limited history I can think of the following reasons:
- Gall bladder colic
- although a rare site to have such pain, should always remember to have EKG.
Ultrasonography would be the best one to assist in diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to give me feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- What could cause sharp pain around abdomen
- What causes sharp pain and swelling under my rib cage
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- Sharp pain in waves in right side below rib cage
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- Sharp pain under the breast in the rib cage cause
- Sharp pain right side abdomen
- What causes sharp pain on the left side below naval