What causes sudden sharp pain in neck?
Accessory muscles of neck spasm - not related to heart.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. There are accessory muscles in the neck like sternocleidomastoid, which help in deep breathing or in cases of breathing difficulties, when normal breathing is inadequate.
2. You might have possibly had muscle spasms of this muscle, which could have hurt more while taking a deep breath.
3. Not to worry, it is not related to heart in any way. It is more of a muscle condition.
Relaxation and potassium rich diet like banana, avocado along with neck exercises should help.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain in the neck vein
- What causes sharp pain in jaw and neck
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- Sharp pain neck vein
- Sharp pains neck pulse
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- Sharp pain neck shoulder blade
- Sudden sharp pain neck and shoulder
- What could cause a sharp pain on the neck